Savings: $150.01 (31 %)
The Fahrlander is made for rough roads. It's great for cross, gravel roads and touring. Stable geometry, clearance for 40mm tires and sturdy chromoly steel construction make this a great choice for getting off the pavement and getting lost. This is the same frame that we build into our complete Fahrlanders, but now you get to build it out yourself.
Cool frame features:
- fork dropouts face forward so the forces from the disc brake pull the wheel into the dropout, instead of out.
- The derailleur hanger is forged as part of the dropout to increase stiffness and provide fast accurate shifts.
- The rear disc mount is in between the stays so mounting racks and fenders is a breeze.
- The bottom bracket shell has a big 'ole drain hole in the bottom of it so whatever spray gets up into the frame comes right out the bottom.
- There's a 3rd bottle mount under the down tube. Aside from water, it's a great place to mount a cage to hold your repair kit.
What's in the Box
- Fahrlander butted cromo frame
- Fahrlander butted cromo fork with forward facing dropouts for a standard 100mm old QR axle. An IS disc tab holds the brake on.
- Alloy Seatpost clamp
- Bottom Bracket Cable guide
- Full compliment of Stainless bottle bolts
- Clear chainstay and frame protectors
Here are the key specs:
- Headset: 44mm I.D. headtube. Use a zero stack headset with the included fork. Upgrade to a carbon tapered cross fork with an outboard lower headset cup.
- Seatpost: 27.2mm post with a 30.0 seatpost clamp.
- Front Derailleur Clamp: 28.6mm
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm English thread
- Rear Dropout: 135mm 10mm QR
- Fork Dropout: 100mm 9mm QR
- Disc brakes: 51mm IS front and rear
- Frame Weight is 5 pounds in a size medium